by Travis Normand
November 23, 2019
The Aggies traveled to Baton Rouge to play LSU today November 23, 2019. This was the first of two RRRC games that the Aggies and Tigers will play this 2019-2020 conference season.
The Aggies won the match 44-12 and move to (3-0) in RRRC play (with wins over t.u., Baylor, and now LSU).
This was A&M’s last match of the semester, and they will return to RRRC XV play by facing LSU in College Station on February 1, 2020. However, before that game, A&M will play a D1A match against BYU in College Station on January 23, 2020.
The only other two RRRC teams playing today were UNT and Texas Tech who squared off in Denton, Texas. The Mean Green were victorious over the Raiders, 36-15. UNT is now (1-1) in the RRRC while Texas Tech falls to (0-2).
Having played 3 RRRC games, the Aggies are now on top of the table / standings of the RRRC with Oklahoma close behind (Oklahoma is only behind the Aggies at this point due to the fact that Oklahoma has only played 2 games; however, OU is 2-0).
Upcoming RRRC XV action will be as follows:
- Jan. 18, 2020: Oklahoma at Baylor;
- Jan. 23, 2020: BYU at Texas A&M;
- Feb. 1, 2020: LSU at Texas A&M;
- Feb. 1, 2020: UNT at Texas Tech;
- Feb. 1, 2020; Oklahoma at Baylor;
- Feb. 8, 2020: Longhorns at Oklahoma;
- Feb. 8, 2020: Texas Tech at Texas A&M; **
- Feb. 8, 2020: UNT at Baylor;
- Feb. 15, 2020: LSU at Longhorns;
- Feb. 15, 2020: Texas Tech at Baylor;
- Feb. 22, 2020: Longhorns at Texas A&M;
- Feb. 22, 2020: Oklahoma at Texas Tech;
- Feb. 22, 2020: UNT at LSU;
- Feb. 29, 2020: Baylor at Longhorns;
- Feb. 29, 2020: Oklahoma at UNT.
** The location of the Feb. 8, 2020 Texas Tech at Texas A&M game is still “TBD.”